Meeting reminder and other items

Ken Kobetitsch KD2GXL

This Thursday, Feb 27th, 7:30 pm at 195 Willis Ave, Mineola, NY (American Red Cross Bldg 2nd Fl) enter from rear parking lot.

We will conclude our NBEMS Training Sessions with a Practice digital net this Thursady. Bring your laptops and HTs or whatever setup you use to participate.

Finishing touches are being done on the Nassau County ARES Honor Roll point system (this is different from the ARRL's PSHR). Ours will be designed that gives higher value on attending meetings, participation in Public Service events, participating in Nets, being NCS, etc. The roll out will be starting in March and  a gift will be awarded at the January 2021 meeting to the the member with the highest number of points for the calendar year..

Also at the March General Meeting (Mar 12th)  we will be taking an updated group photo. Wear your Uniform

Our website is currently under going updates, check out some of the new changes. On our homepage you will find a small calendar with our events listed ( a larger calendar can be found on our Current Events page).  Also on the homepage are links that will take you to our "groups.io" page and "ARES Connect" page (where you can sign up for events and meetings). Feedback is always appreciated, be constructive and if there is something you would like to see added let me know.  As of now the site most likely is not optimized for mobile use on your phone.

Ken Kobetitsch
KD2GXL
Asst District Emergency Coordinator
Nassau County, NY